Marietta Dentists Providing Emergency, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry 770.423.4900

Our office follows strict procedures to protect our staff and patients against COVID-19. 
Expect the hospital grade REME HALO for clean air and surfaces in our dental office.

- Our Air Quality and surfaces are cleaned with izonized Hydro-Peroxide output

 - Killing up to 99% of viruses, bacteria and mold

-  Dual ionizers reduce airborne particulates such as; dust, dander, pollen, mold spores

 - REME® reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet.

 - New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces in our office

 - This is not a portable unit that a is limited to the room in which they are placed, the REME HALO® is purifying our whole office.

 - Our Reme is integrated with our existing HVAC system. It's quiet.

Should I whiten my teeth?

By Dr. Kirk on September 12, 2019

You may be asking yourself.....should I whiten my teeth?  What are my options?  Will it hurt my teeth?  These are common questions that most people ask when considering whitening their teeth.  There are several things to consider when thinking about this.  Today we will look at these options, and the pros and cons of each.

Let's look at the question of should I; should I not?  Most people, probably around 90%, will be able to whiten with good results.  The other 10% that will not have good results are people with tetracycline staining and people who smoke.  If you have a grayish tint to your teeth from these things, it is much harder to get a good result.  The level of lightness you want to achieve also depends on where your starting point is, and how discolored your teeth are.  It is always best to consult with your dentist before you begin any type of whitening because there are some issues in the mouth that may/will cause problems for you if you whiten.  We always want to make sure the items are safe for your specific mouth.

There are different options for whitening.  You can purchase many choices of over-the-counter whitening items and some of these are very good.  They do not have the strength of whitening products in-office but some of them do a great job.  These are relatively easy to use and are usually cost effective.  In-office whitening choices are mostly a stronger percentage so they will do a better job in a shorter time frame.  This is a more expensive route but with much better results.  Our dental office will make you customized trays that fit you, therefore creating a tight seal for whitening.  These trays are light and flexible so that you can talk and work in them.  

There are two main types of whitening solution.  One is a bleaching product and one is non-bleaching.  The bleaching one will give you really good results with possibly several shades of improvement, while the non-bleaching one works on surface stain only.  Most products you see and hear about are the bleaching type.  Of course, there are also whitening toothpastes, mouthwash and chewing gum.  The toothpastes will take off surface stains, but the mouthwash and gum typically do not help due to the fact that they are not in contact with your teeth for long enough to make a diffference.

With this information, you can hopefully make the best choice for the results you are looking for and the pricing you need/want.  We here at Verde Pointe Dental Assoc always want the best and safest materials used in your mouth!

 

Related to This

MessageOur Staff

My husband and I love Verde Pointe and Dr. Kirk. We have been patients for about 5 years, and it has been the best dental experience we have ever had. Everyone is always very nice and helpful. The entire visit turns into a relaxing experience. Roxanne French

VisitOur Office

Marietta Office

3698 Largent Way
Ste 202
Marietta, GA 30064

Open Today 8:00am - 6:00pm

More Info Directions (770) 423-4900

Icon Sprite Social Accounts Sprite

Marietta Office

3698 Largent Way
Ste 202
Marietta, GA 30064

Open Today 8:00am - 6:00pm

More Info Directions (770) 423-4900